Think You Know 199A?
Now that tax practitioners have had a few months to not only fully digest the 199A 20% Business Deduction Regulations, but grapple with preparing clients’ returns, much deeper understanding of the traps, tricks, and planning opportunities have now emerged.
Whether you’re a CPA, EA, financial planner, or a tax or estate planning attorney, you need to join us and nationally renowned CPA, Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a 90-minute presentation entitled, “199A Lessons from Tax Prep Season, Foundational Concepts”.
On this special, advanced-level program you will learn:
- What changed between the Proposed and Final 199A Regulations
- Critical concepts and detailed revealed during tax prep season
- The difference between “separate” and “separable” businesses
- How multiple businesses may be aggregated
- Advanced planning for insurance professionals to obtain 199A
- When not to make pension, profit sharing and IRA contributions
- Roth conversion opportunities when income is less than QBI
- Understanding the “Trade or Business” Issue
- How the real estate safe harbor election works
- The Final Regs definition of “specified service” business
- What’s the impact on triple net leases and those in the financial services business
- How were the “anti-abuse” rules designed to prevent taxpayers from establishing multiple non-grantor trusts?
- What’s the “sweet spot” for S Corporation shareholder wages to optimize the 199A deduction?
- What’s the impact of the Final Regs on a company’s debt, the purchasing of equipment and expensing it, as well as the impact on REITs?
- How does the definition of “reputation or skill” actually work?
- Plus, answers to all of your toughest 199A questions!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
- Program Title: 199A Lessons from Tax Prep Season, Foundational Concepts
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.