What Strategies Make Sense Now
with a Volatile Stock Market
and Low Interest Rates?
Interest rates have fallen considerably. The stock market has been unusually volatile. These developments impact your clients seeking to minimize their income and estate tax liabilities. Do you know how? And which strategies are now the best choices?
Please join us and nationally renowned CPA and tax expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a special presentation entitled, “Income and Estate Planning Techniques That Work Well in a Volatile Market & Low Interest Rate Environment″.
This program will cover the following topics:
- Planning, tactically & strategically, in a volatile market
- Techniques that are more effective as interest rates decrease
- Techniques which are less effective as interest rates decrease
- When to use a IDGT versus a GRAT
- Selecting the “proper” GRAT term
- Hedging GRATs with private annuities or term insurance
- GRITs in today’s environment
- Why to be wary of QPRTs right now
- Why two-year installment sales are white hot
- Note term selection for IDGT sales
- Valuing installment notes when rates rebound
- Private Annuities and SCINs in a low rate environment
- Why CLATs are attractive from an income tax and gift perspective
- How to refinance exists notes
- Intra-family Loans
- How the 99 year GRAT strategy works under the regulations
- Low interest split-dollar strategies
- Private split-dollar
- Financed life insurance strategies
- CRATs and CRUTs in today’s environment
- GRATs for volatile stocks
- Loss Harvesting for individuals, trusts and estates
- Understanding the “Estate Collar”
- And much more!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
- Program Title: Income and Estate Planning Techniques That Work Well in a Volatile Market & Low Interest Rate Environment
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.