IRS Issues New Life Expectancy Rules:
What Every Estate Planner Must Know!
On Thursday, November 7th, the Internal Revenue Service released proposed regulations which will modify life expectancy rules, which in turn, will affect Required Minimum Distributions. These new rules must be understood by those whose provide advice regarding RMDs, including post-mortem RMDs.
This is why you will want to join us and nationally renowned CPA and IRA expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a very special and timely presentation entitled, “New Life Expectancy Rules for IRAs (Including Complex Post-Mortem Transitional Provisions Every Estate Planner Must Know!)”.
During this 60-minute presentation, Bob will cover:
- The new life expectancy and distribution tables to reflect current mortality figures
- Complex transitional rules and transitional computations
- The practical impact on lifetime RMDs and retirement drawdown strategies
- What the proposed changes will mean for Roth IRA conversion planning
- How the changes may affect spousal beneficiaries
- Changes to the SEPP rules under Rev. Rul. 2002-62
- The impact on SEPPs for younger clients
- The new rules and required re-computation for post-mortem distributions
- Why the calculations must be reviewed by attorneys or CPAs licensed to practice (before the IRS does!) in order to meet the professional tax advice standard and avoid penalties!
- Important proposed effective dates that you (and your clients) must be prepared for
- And much, much more!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
- Program Title: New Life Expectancy Rules for IRAs (Including Complex Post-Mortem Transitional Provisions Every Estate Planner Must Know!)
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 60 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.