Sales to IDGTs
Can Be Both Powerful and Risky
(Unless You Do Them Right)!
For your high net worth clients, sales to “IDGTs” (Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts) can be a tremendously leveraged, highly beneficial estate tax strategy - - if they’re done correctly.
Whether you have already used this planning technique or are considering using it, you need to understand the pros, cons, and risks - - particularly in light of the Woelbing case and increased IRS scrutiny.
Join us and nationally renowned CPA and tax expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a 90-minute presentation entitled, “Sales to Grantor Trusts - - 2020 Update”.
During this 90-minute program, Bob will cover the following issues:
- Assuring grantor trust status
- Taking advantage of our low interest rates
- Choice of Situs
- Balancing bet-to-live and bet-to-die strategies
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust (IDGT) strategies including
- Designing the “tax-burn” and the “tax-burn SCIN”
- Sales to IDGTs
- Structuring IDGT sales to avoid Sections 2701, 2702 and 2036 (and the Woelbing case)
- Sales to an IDGT with a SCIN hedge
- How to design note sales to assure debt treatment
- Choosing the length of notes
- The truth about the 9 to 1 ratio
- The use of guarantees
- Applying Rev. Rul. 93-12 when your client has more than one child
- Protective clauses for revaluation including the Wandry, Petter, McCord, and Christianson cases
- Designing QTIPs, GRATs, and LPA overflow clauses
- Audit proofing your design and gift tax returns
- And Much More!
Your purchase includes: Downloadable PDF handout materials and MP3 audio recording. A PDF transcript may be added on for an additional fee during the checkout process.
- Program Title: Sales to Grantor Trusts – – 2020 Update
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 90 minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.