Are You Reporting GST Allocations,
IDGTs, GRATs and Defined Value
(or Other Formula) Clauses
on Form 709 Correctly?
If not (or if you’re unsure), you may be exposing your clients to significant penalties!
Although you may regularly prepare Form 709s (federal gift tax returns), these are more advanced level reporting issues that you may not be familiar with - - and you need to know.
That’s why we’ve asked nationally renowned CPA and tax expert Robert S. Keebler CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, to address these special issues in a 90 minute teleconference to be held Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9am Pacific Time (12pm Eastern Time).
On this call, Bob will show you:
- How to be sure you clearly and fully understand the key Generation Skipping Transfer Tax (“GST”) terms
- “Direct Skips”
- “Double Skips”
- “Skip Person”
- “Taxable Distributions”
- “Taxable Terminations”
- How to properly report GST planning on the Form 709
- The difference between automatic allocation, timely and late allocations and “ETIP” allocation
- The predeceased parent rule
- Dynasty Trusts
- Spousal limited access trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- IDGTs (including sales)
- Freeze partnerships
- Split-dollar insurance
- Acquisition of non-GST exempt trusts by GST exempt trusts
- GST adjustments to existing trusts and “Qualified Severances”
- How to properly report Defined Value and Related Formula Clauses in the Form 709
- How recent case law has changed this
- What to attach to or include in the return (or not)
- How to meet the “Adequate Disclosure” Requirements
- What constitutes “Substantial” Compliance
- How to avoid potential penalties
- And much more (including a sample completed Form 709)!
- Program Title: Special Gift Tax Return (Form 709) Issues
- Speaker: Robert S. Keebler
- Duration: 90 Minutes
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning, and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer…
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CE CREDIT
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. and the presenter are not registered Continuing Education Sponsors and this program is not pre-approved for continuing education credit for any state or regulatory agency.
However, please note that each program includes a Certificate of Completion and, depending on the license and the regulatory agency for which governs a participant’s CE credit, some professionals may be able to self-report his or her participation and receive credit. It is the responsibility of the participant to complete any process necessary to seek self-reported CE credit for his or her participation. By registering for a teleconference (or purchasing on On-Demand program), you understand that CE credit is not guaranteed or warranted by the presenter or The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.